Saturday, February 27, 2010

Family Planning - bird style.

How do folks?  It's Saturday night and I'm watching the Olympics.  Go Canada!!!  I spent the day working in my office.  I had a blast.  Create, create, create.
Here's the card for today.  I love this stamp, I mean I really love it.  Don't ask me why I love birds so much lately?  I even decorated my Christmas tree with birds.  I am ornothologically obsessed.  Think of these two little birds as Jasper and Candy.  Jasper and Candy are discussing whether or not they want to start a family.  Candy is thinking that Jasper is too involved in his career as a cardinal.  Jasper is thinking Candy is just plain sweet so he wants to start the family soon.  He wants to reassure Candy that he has quite a nest egg built up so she can feel safe and secure about this decision.  Candy wants to remind Jasper that they shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket. 

You know what I say? I say, a bird in the hand is worth two snakes on the ground.  It's a old cliche you probably don't know it.
Doesn't this card just look so peaceful?
Accessories to the Crime:
Stamps: Northridge Rubber Stamp Co. (birds) sentiment (for the life of me I can't remember, I just did this too, feel free to remind me if you know where this stamp comes from)
Papers:  SU patterned paper in old olive, chocolate chip (yum makes me hungry) Hammermill white
Accessories: twine, leaf punch (Punch Bunch), copics, distressing tool

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Deb!! You did a wonderful job colouring!!! I love the hemp and leaves!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love, but be nice, I am a delicate creature.