Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I know why the caged bird sings.....

He tweets not because he can sing, he tweets because he doesn't know the words.  (hahahaha, the old ones are the good ones eh?)   Today was a very productive day.  I dashed here and there, into Michael's (didn't have what I wanted, nerds!) then into Costco for vegetables and books.  Yes, books I say.  The lifeblood of my brain, the sugar in my coffee, the nit to my wit .... well you get what I'm saying.  I like books.  I read because I can.  I read to soothe the savage beast, I read to amaze and fascinate my dog with the knowledge I have accrued from said books.  Wow, now wasn't that deep? 

Tomorrow I plan to go into my office, sit at my "creative centre" and produce, produce, produce.  Look for more exciting posts from me in the days to come!!! That's my way of getting you to come back to my blog tomorrow and the next day.  Ha! Whose the clever one now?

Okay, so here's the card.  Two little love birds in a cage declaring their love.  I think this would make an awesome wedding card or an anniversary card for someone.  Maybe your husband, maybe your wife.  Maybe for the old boyfriend that dumped you in grade 9, with a note that says, this bird could have been you loser.  I used Ippity stamps, Stampin' Up paper and prima flowers.  Enjoy my friends, enjoy.  Sorry for the shadow on the bottom of the letters.  They spell out LOVE.

Accessories to the crime:
Stamps:  Ippity Because of You
Paper:  Anna Griffin, SU textured cardstock
Accs:  prima flowers, black embossing powder, liquid pearls, nestabilites, letter brads, ribbon, other misc. brads

2 comments:

  1. I love this card and the story. Love the Tree of Love card too, along with the story. If you keep this up I will be a confirmed stalker !! :)
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny!!! Beautiful card once again Deb!!!

    Jenn (:

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love, but be nice, I am a delicate creature.